Learn more about no medical exam life insurance.
No Medical Exam Life Insurance
Whether you have health concerns, have been denied coverage in the past or are just hoping to avoid the exam, there are a number of life insurance policies that do not require a medical exam as part of the application process.
Typically, to obtain traditional life insurance, you not only have to complete an application, but are required to complete a 30-minute physical to better determine your health and risk. Although the actual physical is quick and easy, the process following—exam results shared with the insurance company, an underwriter reviewing and sending you an updated policy—can take anywhere from 4-8 weeks after you first speak with an agent. This wait time could be enough for you to find an alternative to traditional insurance, but it’s important to keep in mind that the insurance companies might rely on other information in its absence, such as a:
- Pharmacy Report
- Medical Insurance Bureau Report
- Credit or Financial History
- Motor Vehicle Department Report
Three Types of No Medical Exam Life Insurance
1. Accelerated Underwriting
Accelerated underwriting is a fast track to traditional life insurance, with the biggest difference being the amount of coverage available. Without the opportunity to determine your risk through an exam, you’ll likely find lower coverage amount options with accelerated underwriting. If the insurance company notices any irregularities in your application, they could end up asking you to take a medical exam.
2. Simplified Issue Whole Life Insurance
Simplified issue life insurance replaces the medical exam with a questionnaire that asks for more information about your medical history, health and lifestyle.
3. Guaranteed Issue Whole Life Insurance
Guaranteed issue life insurance does not require a medical exam or a questionnaire and, as the name implies, is guaranteed. This type of coverage relies solely on a basic application and you can’t be turned down for coverage if you’re between the age of 45-85.
Learn more about your insurance options today.
Find the right type of insurance for you and your loved ones today.
If you are vision-impaired or have some other impairment and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to using this website, please email us at email@example.com.
© Life Insurance Savings. All rights reserved
Tiburon Insurance Services is an independent organization and affiliated with SelectQuote Insurance Services. Tiburon Insurance Services is authorized to sell and service certain life insurance products.
The purpose of this communication is the solicitation of insurance. Contact will be made by an insurance agent/producer or insurance company.
* Best's Credit Ratings™ are under continuous review and subject to change and/or affirmation. For the latest Best’s Credit Ratings™ and Best’s Credit Reports (which include Best’s Credit Ratings™), visit the A.M. Best website at ambest.com. See Guide to Best’s Credit Ratings™ for explanation of use and charges.” “Best's Credit Ratings™ reproduced herein appear under license from A.M. Best and do not constitute, either expressly or impliedly, an endorsement of SelectQuote or its recommendations, formulas, criteria or comparisons to any other ratings, rating scales or rating organizations which are published or referenced herein. A.M. Best is not responsible for transcription errors made in presenting Best's Credit Ratings™. Best’s Credit Ratings™ are proprietary and may not be reproduced or distributed without the express written permission of A.M. Best Company.” A Best’s Financial Strength Rating opinion addresses the relative ability of an insurer to meet its ongoing insurance obligations. It is not a warranty of a company’s financial strength and ability to meet its obligations to policyholders. View our Important Notice: Best's Credit Ratings for a disclaimer notice and complete details at http://www.ambest.com/home/ratings.aspx
AIG Companies policies issued by American General Life Insurance Company (AGL), Houston, TX. Issuing company AGL is responsible for financial obligations of insurance products and is a member of American International Group, Inc. (AIG).